Welcome to our new OiOi blog! Here you can expect to find fun information for expectant and new parents, product info and giveaways!
Let’s start at the top....getting ready for baby. Woo Hoo
Whether you are in the hospital for one night or a week, many birthing centers and hospitals require you to bring supplies on your own. Even food and drinks may be difficult to find if you deliver overnight or between meal times. Personally, I am not a fan of hospital food, and I found packing fresh fruit and a few luna bars super helpful.
Armed with that information, here is my list of suggested items to bring to the hospital when you deliver
- Extra clothes, PJs
- Bras, underwear
- Slippers/shower shoes
- Massage items
- Hair band
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Watch with second hand
- Camera, camcorder
- Relaxation materials (i.e. music, games, etc.)
- Blanket for husband (if he sleeps over)
- Toiletries (brush, deodorant, glasses, makeup, toothbrush, face wash, etc.)
- Change of clothes
- Laptop/iPad for movies, emails
- Phone and charger
Postpartum (while in hospital):
- Maternity or large underwear to wear home from hospital (comfy)
- Nursing bras (2)
- Breast pads
- Nipple cream to prevent cracking nipples (start using this a month before delivery—it helps!)
- Sanitary pads (super absorbent)
- Soft toilet paper
- Squirt bottle and sitz tub
- Postpartum donut
- Infant car seat
- Rear view mirror for car seat
- Sleepers (3)
- Going home outfit
- Receiving blanket (take the one from the hospital as a keepsake)
- Diapers, wipes (many hospitals do not provide these!)
- Sterilized pacifier
Have this packed one month before your due date!
Once you have many of these items you will be able to spend the first few days and weeks learning how to be the best parents possible, and not running around from store to store in search of the best products. Trust me, preparing beforehand will be well worth it when you are sleep deprived and cranky.
Did we miss anything?
Can you add to the list?